Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today, I'm Thankful...

...for my computer. Really. I'm so glad that I can log onto Blogger and share with you guys. This little baby takes all my information and is a text book and resource.

...for a job. Yes, it is really a blessing to have a job. Its scares me how many people don't have one now-a-days.

...for my sister and mom. They make my world a whole lot special-er. I seriously don't know what I would do without them, even though they irritate me to death at times.

...for Carlee's swollen face and the way it made me laugh today. Also, for her good attitude when I laughed at her.

...for my bed. 'Nuff said.

...for a really good English Professor. She is so epic; I'm eternally spoiled to amazing professors now.

...for turkey even though it caaan be a little bit dry and over-rated. (I prefer ham.)

...for a body that does an EXTREMELY good job fighting off sickness. I seriously have almost gotten sick a few times, then fought it off. Way to go, White Blood Cells!

...for singing voices.

...for Christmas time! I love this holiday season.

...for the opportunity to be educated. I take the fact that I go to classes and learn and get letters from colleges so flippantly. What a serious blessing this is! I forget that...

...for challenges. Though hard, I can't imagine a life without them.

...for my friend, Iain, and his continuous ability to make my day. Don't you love it when certain people make your day by saying or doing the smallest thing? It's like God says, "Hey, she/he needs a pick-me-up!" then sends someone your way.

...for pain. It really lets you know when you are doing something wrong. Like right now, as I'm sitting in a bad position, my neck is screaming. I should probably move.

...for movement. What would it be like if you couldn't move? All you could do was sit and calmly/creepishly stare at a beige patch on the wall? *shiver*

...for music.

...for the Bible. I am really thankful that God has given me good examples to look to in the Bible. For instance, Gideon. I like him. He has no faith and is kinda a scaredy-cat at the beginning...then, he kinda toughens up. Yeah, Gideon gives me hope.

...for food in the pantry. Yes, the fact that I can eat when I'm hungry is a sure sign of blessing. Daily food essentials are lacking in so many people's lives. You know, I think its easy to think, "we are poor!" but if you can walk into your kitchen and eat something or go drive to the store, then you are richer than a lot of people in the world. Praise him.

...for sympathy. I can't imagine a world with no sympathy. What if no one felt sympathy for me? Or I didn't feel it for anyone else? Or worse, if God didn't feel it for us? The fact that we sympathize with each other spurs people to do good deeds and love. This is a good thing.

...for my family. Gosh, we are a huge and dysfunctional family, but I seriously love everyone in it. With all my heart.

..for Bill Cosby who makes me laugh a LOT!

...for generous hearts.

...for scent. Especially that found on people. ( I don't me BO.) Like, you know how you smell something and it reminds you of someone? That. It's comforting. I think it is totally awesome how God has set up our five senses.

...for the random woman in the drive through who yelled while I was on headset. I was saying "Thank you for choosing Chick-fil-A. This is Ashley. How can I -" and she said, "Shut up!" really loud. Come to find out she wasn't talking to me, but oh my word...did I laugh? Yes, very hard.

...for a God who sees, cares, and understands my every need and want; spiritually, emotionally, physically and physiologically. 

Now, for something I'm NOT thankful for. High fructose corn syrup. *grumble*

 Psalm 30:11-12 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness; That [my] soul may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever.

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

This is a great list and a wonderful reminder of all the "everyday" things that we need to give thanks for. Happy Thanksgiving!