Monday, September 12, 2011

My Father

Fathers let you down. Dads aren't always the #1 Dad in the World like all the Father's Day cards in Hallmark would like to suggest. In fact, a lot of them have issues. Some abandon their families, some are abusive, some have affairs and some have alcohol addictions. The list is endless.

Today, I was really encouraged in light of 2 Corinthians 6:18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 

Here is a passage from Galatians that speaks of our adoption into the family of God.I'm sure there are better ones out there, but honestly, I'm too tired to search. This is a good one anyways, "But when the fullness of time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore, thou art no more a servant but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." 

When my earthly father fails me, I will remember this verse. God is my Father. My the Father. It's so cool that He has adopted me into His family. And not figuratively. He really has! And I'm not only a daughter, I'm His heir!     
 

No comments: