Friday, August 6, 2010

Grace Camp 2010

Okay, I just came back from church camp. I have been going for nine years or something like that. I was a counselor this year. I loved my cabin girls soooo much!

I had a really stupid attitude. For-real. I realize that the Lord can teach me in any situation I am in, but I had a cocky attitude at the beginning of the week that the Lord promptly blew to pieces on Tuesday.

I figured since I had been at a special needs camp before, that I had basically learned what I could from summer camps....(Soooooooo stupid. I know! I had no reason to act like that. Yeah, I learned at Camp Barnabas, but not that much! My ridiculous pride...)

It was a good reminder that the more I think I know, the farther off I am. God can move in our lives at any time and just because we have been through something harder before doesn't mean that He can't teach us in the seemingly easier things.

Now that I told you about my stupid attitude, I am going to tell you what the theme for the week was.

The "I AM's" of Christ. We were in the gospel of John all week. Exciting for me, 'cause that is my favorite book of the Bible.

We talked about Jesus being the..
Bread of Life
Light of the World
Resurrection and Life
The Way
The Good Shepherd
The Door
True Vine

Packed week, I know. After the week I had a song going on in my head all week. "You Are" by Tenth Avenue North. I'm posting the lyrics.

Lord of empty space
You breathe and then create
Before the earth was made
You are
The King of every age
Outside of time and space
The heavens speak Your name
You are
You are

Lord of brilliant light
You separate the night
And everything inside
You are
The One who calms the seas
And every part of me
With just a word You speak
You are
You are.

I give You all of me for all You are
Here I am
Take me apart
Take me apart
I give You all of me for all You are
Here I am
Take me apart
Take me apart

Angels bowing down
Beneath the rushing sound
A voice that thunders out
You are
The one who holds the stars
And the beating of my heart
Exalted above all
You are
You are


Yeah, that is all I got for now. I am thinking that I might go through some specific things we talked about in a separate post.

No comments: