Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 5- Future Spouse

Dear Unknown Future Spouse,

Do I know you? Are you currently in my life or are you some person that I have never even met before? It's funny to think about really. I wonder if you are going to be one of those people who is going to be hard to talk to at first or if you are going to be a really loud talkative guy. I kinda picture myself with a quieter guy but, hey, WHO KNOWS! I am really looking forward to what God has for us. I know that the person He is preparing for me is going to be ultra special! ULTRA! Just know, I already think so highly of you and it's possible that I have never even seen your face. >.>

Maybe this is corny, but I did am exercise (And the Bride Wore White) where I had to make a list of the things I want to see in you. Scared? Should be. Ha ha, just kidding. I know that if I aim at absolutely nothing, I'll hit it. So I want to know exactly what I want and what God's version of a Biblical husband is. So goes for me. I have to aim high. My model is the Proverbs 31 woman. I'll never be like her, but I want to.

I won't lie, there are some times when it is really hard to stay emotionally, physically and spiritually pure. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to make it. I know I can with the Lord and I hope you are trying to remain pure too.

I hope that when we marry that we will be so in love. I hate seeing the frumpy couples that never show affection or anything. They don't seem happy that they are married. I NEVER want that to happen to us. I hope we are always going to be head over heals in love with each other. Don't get me wrong. I know that love isn't always based on gushy feelings. In fact, part of marriage is loving and respecting one another - even when it's hard. I look forward to that believe it or not. I'm looking forward to those times when I'm going to really have to deny myself in order to care for your needs above mine. Hard? Yes. Rewarding? Undoubtedly. I know that through our marriage God will mold us more and more into His image if we keep Him and the other above ourselves. There is no better way to grow closer to one another than through really learning to be like Christ and loving and glorifying Him more whole-heartedly.

Random times you will pop into my head. Not knowing who you are, I just say a prayer for you. Hoping that at that moment you are walking in the light and serving God, denying yourself and empowered by our Father's strength.

I really cannot wait. I hope we are best friends and have a blast together. I think we will.

Your girl,
Ashley

1 comment:

LunaPuma said...

This was so sweet! You're a really great writer, Ashley. =]