Thursday, January 27, 2011

Being a P31W now!

You out a pop-tart in the toaster. DING! Instant breakfast!

You call Verizon and DING! Instant text messaging.

You put on a ring and DING you become a Proverbs 31 Woman......

What....wait, wait. That's not how it works. You're right. It's not. For some reason, I've always had this mental image in my mind of a Proverbs 31 women, who is married and has kids. Is that the only type of Proverbs 31 woman there is? No, I don't think so at all. Being a Proverbs 31 woman is something that God has called us to NOW and TODAY.

I think this thought has slowed me down when it comes to being a P31W now. If I feel like being a godly woman is something that only comes in the future, then it gives me allowance to basically act like I want until then, right?

Wrong.

Although a mother was teaching her son about a woman to be looking for in marriage, I know that the guidelines for all females any age, can be found there. If we are looking for a way to be Godly in our single, no-where-close-to-getting-married and even-further-from-having-kids stage, we don't have to look any further than Proverbs 31. I believe that if we apply all the principles taught in every area of our lives, we will be the woman that God has made us to be; whether we marry or not.

I am going to be posting now and then about my findings from Proverbs 31 and I encourage all the gals out there to take that passage and break it down. Intensely. Really. And ask God, "How can I apply this to my life NOW? What can I do NOW that is going to make me a godly woman?" He will answer and show us. He always does.

Now, don't get discouraged. We will never been the perfect P31W and that's okay. She is a person to model, but we will never be her, completely. It's something we strive for and continue to seek until we die. We serve a good God. I'm so glad that He gives us amazing examples that we will never be like (eg. Himself), because if He didn't, I believe that my pride would become so huge that I would never see the areas I fail in. But I look at Christ, and the P31W and David and Stephen and Mary...and I think, "Wow, I guess I'm not really the shiz." It kinda sets me in my place.

3 comments:

Logan Vaughan said...

Even though I'm a guy, I'll definately be checking these new posts out! Can't wait!

Ashley said...

OH YAY! Thanks for the ecouragement!

LunaPuma said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with, Ashley!